Calling Testers

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon May 12 15:47:17 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 09:27:54PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> What I thought was that now that we install gcc-2.95.3 anyways, it won't be a
> real big issue to install it completely.

True.

> I'm talking a purely personal thing here: I like having the 2.95.3 c++
> libraries around for those binary only programs that rely on it. I'd hate to

Yeah me too. But I always only recommend stuff for the book that I feel is
appropriate for the book (after having considered the bigger picture). I
mean, I have tons of stuff in my own builds which is most definitely not
suitable for public consumption.

This is not directed at you Gerard as it's your book and you have the
privilege of doing whatever you want :-) but all too often some other folk
around here have the "What's good for me is good for the book" attitude.
Those folk really need to pull their heads in and take a step back and stop
being so selfish.

Greg

(That's 2 days in a row where my 1st post has been a rant. Must need coffee :-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org