Missing gcc conf option [was Re: Strange GCC failures in

Edward Pinski pinskie at physics.uc.edu
Mon May 12 18:38:36 PDT 2003

> On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 01:09, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> > Thomas Pegg wrote:
> > > Zack isn't the only with problems on this, I'm running into the same
> > thing
> > > although I haven't finished building CVS yet, but I have had the same
> > > exact thing come up on previous attempts to build LFS/PLFS on my system,
> > > albeit that was a different combination of package versions, but it
> > > still occurs now with current CVS. I still have no clue as to what is
> > > wrong even now.
> >
> > Hmmm, we're using FSF binutils in the book aren't we...
> > Do you want to give it a try with HJL and report in?
> >
> > On a side note, did anyone ever see this using the buildscripts?
> > (can honestly say I have never seen anything but the usual XPASSes and 1
> > fail)
> > ------------------------
> > Oooops I've found it
> >
> > This is missing from the gcc configure line
> > --with-local-prefix=/stage1
> >
> > Without that you'll find gcc will search /usr/local/include for headers
> > first
> > (full explanation in the hint)
> >
> Ryan,
>
> I just ran another build this morning and it looks as if something is
> fouled up with the testing tools for gcc and binutils
> (tcl,expect,dejagnu), I say this becuase I decided to install them on
> the host system and skipped installing them in /stage1 in chapter 5 and
> now the checks for gcc as well as binutils in chapter 5 come out as
> expected.
>
> Hope this is useful.
> Tom

I'm having this weird problems there too, no optimizations as well, following
the book, and I have tried both FSF 2.13.2.1 and HJL 2.14.90.0.1 binutils
without any success, I keep getting 5000+ weird errors while doing gcc-pass2
with gcc-3.2.3.  This is done with a LFS host with /static on a
powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu platform with a base system using binutils-2.13.2.1
gcc-3.2.3, and glibc-2.3.2.  I'm going to see if this happens in chapter 6,
and/or in chapter 5 after building a chapter 6 system.

Edward Pinski
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org