Missing gcc conf option [was Re: Strange GCC failures in

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon May 12 19:37:19 PDT 2003

> Ryan,
>
> I just ran another build this morning and it looks as if something is
> fouled up with the testing tools for gcc and binutils
> (tcl,expect,dejagnu), I say this becuase I decided to install them on
> the host system and skipped installing them in /stage1 in chapter 5 and
> now the checks for gcc as well as binutils in chapter 5 come out as
> expected.
>
> Hope this is useful.
> Tom

I think that this could be the issue
I must admit I don't build tcl/expect/dejagnu in the order the book does.
If they aren't up to date on the host I have always built them for the host
(usually automake autoconf as well) then gone onto the build.

I rebuild tcl/expect/dejagnu just before switching over into chroot.

I haven't ever had an issue this way, even including CVS builds

following was built from a libc 2.1.3 system (most host tools upgraded)
[root at asuka root]# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.3-cvs-20030404/configure --prefix=/usr
--enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
--program-suffix=-3.3 --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3 20030404 (prerelease)
[root at asuka root]#

[root at asuka root]# uname -a
Linux asuka 2.5.68 #1 SMP Sat Apr 26 06:08:06 EST 2003 i686 unknown unknown
GNU/
Linux

[root at asuka root]# /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3 20030404 (prerelease).
Compiled on a Linux 2.5.66 system on 2003-04-24.
Available extensions:
GNU libio by Per Bothner
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
NPTL 0.33 by Ulrich Drepper
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.
Report bugs using the `glibcbug' script to <bugs at gnu.org>.
Test results for gcc...

=== libstdc++-v3 Summary ===