Missing gcc conf option [was Re: Strange GCC failures in

Thomas Pegg lnxfreak123 at insightbb.com
Mon May 12 19:58:36 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 21:41, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On May 12, 2003 08:37 pm, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> > If they aren't up to date on the host I have always built them for the host
>
> So can it be the tools on the host system are used if detected. If you don't
> happen to have it on the host system, the files in /stage1/bin will be used?
It would probably work either way, but as with my system I did not have
tcl, expect or dejagnu on my current LFS system and only installed tcl,
etc. in /stage1 according to chapter 5 instructions and the test for gcc
and binutils failed miserably. But the only way the test's would pass is
if they were only installed on the host system prior to building. At
least that is what corrected it on my system.

Tom

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org