Missing gcc conf option [was Re: Strange GCC failures in

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon May 12 20:10:10 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 09:58:36PM -0500, Thomas Pegg wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 21:41, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > On May 12, 2003 08:37 pm, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> > > If they aren't up to date on the host I have always built them for the host
> >
> > So can it be the tools on the host system are used if detected. If you don't
> > happen to have it on the host system, the files in /stage1/bin will be used?
> It would probably work either way, but as with my system I did not have
> tcl, expect or dejagnu on my current LFS system and only installed tcl,
> etc. in /stage1 according to chapter 5 instructions and the test for gcc
> and binutils failed miserably. But the only way the test's would pass is
> if they were only installed on the host system prior to building. At
> least that is what corrected it on my system.

"failed miserably" doesn't help us much. We need more detail on actual
failures to try and see what's up. Like testsuite summary and logfile for
starters.. (not to the list - d/l from somewhere preferably)

Obviously, there's a problem as multiple peeps seem to be experiencing it.
But buggered if I can spot it.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org