tcl, expect, dejagnu

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon May 12 21:20:38 PDT 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:
> A couple of points:-
>
>  - I don't see the value of running the test suites for these 3 pkg's in
Ch
>    5. As mentioned in the hint, there are guaranteed failures. Notably,
the
>    expect testsuite failures look frightening to debug. We only care that
we
>    can run the core toolchain testsuites (i.e. gcc, binutils). This also
>    follows up on Zack's suggestion from yesterday.

I haven't seen expect test failures (see below), but then again I'm logging
all output to file.

The make check error occurs when all make output is going to the tty as
opposed to being redirected to a file (see Erikas post in support)

As you can see when it runs it prints "via send_tty" to the tty, I'm
beginning to wonder if it reads that back from the tty to test all OK and
if it gets screwed up by all the make output...
Of course, this is just an assumption...

[R]

build-ch5-2.3.0.sh - expect-init.log-20030508 - Thu May  8 06:50:26 EST
2003
rm -f .tmp
echo "set objdir" `pwd` > .tmp
if [ "." = "." ] ; then \
   echo "set srcdir" `pwd` >> .tmp ; \
else echo "set srcdir" . >> .tmp ; fi
echo "cd \${srcdir}/tests" >> .tmp
echo "source all.tcl" >> .tmp
rootme=`pwd`; export rootme; \
srcdir=. ; export srcdir ; \
if [ -f ./expect ] ; then  \
   TCL_LIBRARY=/lfs/usr/src/tcl8.4.2/library ; \
   export TCL_LIBRARY ; fi ; \
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/stage1/lib:/stage1/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./expect -f .tmp
cat.test
expect.test
logfile.test
via sendvia send_uservia send_stdoutpid.test
send.test
spawn.test
stty.test
all.tcl:        Total   25      Passed  25      Skipped 0       Failed  0
Sourced 7 Test Files.
rm -f .tmp

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org