Some of the significant changes made today
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 13 00:55:50 PDT 2003
On May 12, 2003 05:38 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Here is the latest Changelog stuff of the significant changes made today:
And here the rest. I'm off to bed now, I did one test build, but did not test
one thing, read on:
* Chapter 06 - Basic Network: Changed the single quotes to double quotes in
the echo command. Without it, $(hostname) won't expand which defeats the sole
purpose of this command - to make perl's hostname check work.
* Removed all occurrences &&. Updated bug syntax. Added "make check/test"
where necessary in Chapter 6.
* Applied "Changing ownership" patch to polish the text. Closes bug #511.
* Applied "Configuring system components" patch to polish the text. Closes bug
* Chapter 06: Removed TCL, Expect and DejaGNU. Nothing uses this once past GCC
in chapter 6. The versions in /stage1/bin do the job just fine.
* Chapter 06 - Installing Shadow: touch the /usr/bin/passwd file before
installation. Not doing so results in Shadow thinking passwd will be in
* Chapter 06 - Installing Procps: Remove the /lib/libproc.so symlink. No
package outside of Procps itself uses this library, and none should.
* Chapter 06 - Installing Net-tools: Run "make config" before doing make.
Fixes bugs #462 and #497.
* Chapter 06 - Ncurses: Added the vsscanf patch.
* Chapter 05 - Gzip: Removed make check. It doesn't do anything.
* Chapter 05 - Installing Texinfo: Don't install the texmf data. It's not used
* Chapter 05 & 06 - Installing Ncurses: In Chapter 6, symlink creation has
been updated to include libcurses.*, and libncurses++.a has it's properties
changed to 644. Chapter 5 doesn't need any libcurses.* so those are removed.
I did a test build to test all of these things, everything seems to work just
fine. I did not test all the added "make test/check" targets. That patch was
(one of many) by Zack and was one of the very last ones I applied so I
already finished an LFS build, didn't really feel like doing another one.
Only 54 remaining outstanding bugs in Bugzilla. We're making good progress. It
was around 93 only a few days ago.
/* Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel *
* Technical Writer --- CheapBytes */
/* If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem */
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe lfs-dev' in the subject header of the message
More information about the lfs-dev