gcc-3.3 release possibly tomorrow

Ryan Oliver Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Tue May 13 04:02:45 PDT 2003

Chris Lingard wrote:
> Greg Schafer wrote:
>

>>On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 06:46:11PM +1000, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>>
>>>Greetings all
>>>
>>>Looks like gcc-3.3 is upon us
>>>
>>>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-05/msg01258.html
>>>
>>>Looks like its tomorrow sometime...
>>
>>Yes, and we still need a clean solution to the "__thread" keyword
>>fixincludes issue :-(
>>
>>(bit of a hassle when host is glibc-2.2.5 or less)
>>
>>Greg
>

> You will need this (extra) patch for glibc, (thanks Teemu)
>
> Chris

The only problem there is we can't patch the hosts glibc to build our
first compiler :-/

So far from older hosts have got around this by letting fixincludes run
for the first gcc build, blitting away the fixed headers when it comes
to the glibc build (ensuring the gcc ones supplied are kept)

Its not an optimal method though and smells of hack... but can't think
of another way...

Ideas anyone?

Regards
Ryan