Some of the significant changes made today

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue May 13 07:56:24 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:38:44AM -0500, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> >* Chapter 06: Removed TCL, Expect and DejaGNU. Nothing uses this once past
> >GCC in chapter 6. The versions in /stage1/bin do the job just fine.
> >

> Without these, Chapter 6 will not be able to rebuild itself (make check
> will fail).

Yeah, but is that the goal? Or is the goal to be able to rebuild LFS in
it's entirety? Also, if you are going to rebuild 6 as a matter of
course, then just leave /stage1 around and add it to the path prior to
rebuilding. Once finished with compiling, these packages become BLFS
territory. I prefer they stay in /stage1 only. Just my $.02.

--
Archaic

--
"Are we to understand," asked the judge, "that you hold your own
interests above the interests of the public?" "I hold that such a

- Ayn Rand

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org