Bug, error and/or question?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 13 10:13:30 PDT 2003

On May 13, 2003 08:54 am, Vidar Hoel wrote:
> test ! -x /mnt/lfs/usr/src/glibc-build/elf/ldconfig || LC_ALL=C
> LANGUAGE=C \
>   /mnt/lfs/usr/src/glibc-build/elf/ldconfig  \
>                                  /stage1/lib /stage1/lib
> /mnt/lfs/usr/src/glibc-build/elf/ldconfig: Can't open configuration file
> /stage1/etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/usr/src/glibc-2.3.2'
>
> Is this an error to ignore? (Then the book should mention it!). Or is
> it just me and my damn luck?

If you use Glibc-2.3.2 (from the CVS book) then you can ignore it. It's only a
warning. ldconfig will default to using a set of default directories that
include /lib and /usr/lib to build ld.so.cache, so everything is good.

If you use Glibc-2.3.1 and maybe even older versions, then you must "touch"
the ld.so.conf file like Ryan said.

The book will mention this when we start fixing up the text. If you read the
CVS book you will notice many problems with the text. We're simply waiting
for the installation instructions to finalize so we only have to rewrite all
the text once and not constantly whenever we make changes.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org