omission in book for ch5 glibc build [ was Re: Bug, error and/or question? ]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 13 10:15:55 PDT 2003

On May 13, 2003 09:34 am, Ryan Oliver wrote:
> To avoid a minor error during make install of glibc we need to supply a
> /stage1/etc/ld.so.conf file so ldconfig doesn't complain.
>
> Just a matter of
>
> touch /stage1/etc/ld.so.conf

Actually as far as I've been able to determine it's not an error, just a
warning that can be ignored. "make" should not abort with "Error 1" or
someting like that. The ld.so.cache file still gets built and, when I tested
it, has all the proper things in it.

Glibc-2.3.1 however requires that ld.so.conf file and will abort with a fatal
error. 2.3.2 is nicer about it.

We can add a note to the book about this of course, or re-add the touch.
Re-adding that touch command is probably the cleaner way to go. Just wanted
to let you guys know you'll be ok if you don't.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org