CVS ch5: gettext make check bombs at lang-gawk

Matt Bartley mbartley2 at cox.NOSPAM.net
Tue May 13 11:03:05 PDT 2003

I'm slogging through a build based on CVS 20030513.

With chapter 5 gettext-0.11.5, make check bombs out with one error:
1,3c1,3
<  Votre commande, s'il vous plait, dit le garcon.
< 2 morceaux de gateau
< EUR remplace FF.
---
> 'Your command, please?', asked the waiter.
> 2 pieces of cake
> FF is replaced by EUR.

(I haven't attempted to type the non-ASCII characters on that first
line.)

In case it matters, during the glibc build I defined only the locales
shown in the pure_lfs hint, and I've been using --disable-nls wherever
possible throughout the build process.

I've had this error ever since I've been experimenting with pure-LFS.
What's going on?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org