after "exec /path/bash --login" run set +h again

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 13 11:46:25 PDT 2003

We have three occurances where we run exec /path/to/bash --login:
Chapter 06 - Creating /etc/passwd and /etc/group
Chapter 06 - Installing Glibc
Chapter 06 - Installing Bash

I've added the "set +h" command after each exec, since the exec cancels the
hash being turned off.

By the way, we can probably get rid of the exec in ch6-glibc. It's there to
get rid of the 'i have no name' prompt but we already take care of that after
creating the passwd and group files, so I don't see a reason to keep it there
now. Or am I missing something?

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org