configuration parameter/decision archive?

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Tue May 13 12:11:35 PDT 2003

I'd be interested in helping out with this (after the next few weeks are
out of the way) and have some webspace available to host everything on.
One personal opinion though - I hate Wiki's.  Well actually that's a bit
strong - some wiki's I've seen just seem to sprawl and it becomes very
hard to find the information I'm looking for.  I'd prefer a much more
structured document.  I think this could also tie into related things
like ascertaining both compile-time and run-time dependencies and files
installed.  i.e. when a new version of a package is released I am
envisioning running three scripts: 1) The install script 2) Dependency
analyser 3) file tracker (i.e. install log/package manager type thing).
The only way I can see of maintaining the most suitable ./configure
flags and such like is by manually inspecting output like ./configure
--help the CHANGELOG and related stuff to see whether any changes to
the instructions are required.

Regards,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org