Importance of "make check/test"

Vidar Hoel vhoel99 at grm.hia.no
Tue May 13 12:47:51 PDT 2003

I am trying to build my LFS system now, as you might have understood
from my e-mails, and my question this time is:
How important is all the "make tests" and "make check"?

As you know, I had a "make check" that didn't pass on glibc, but I
fixed it. But TCL failed on one test, and gcc is failing as I write
this mail.

I was on the #lfs IRC-channel, and several people said that all this
testing was unecessary, was doomed to fail and had nothing to say. But
I do not want to make any mistake, the reason for my reinstall
is just because my previous LFS-system had an error.

Vidar Hoel - vhoel99 at grm.hia.no
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org