Importance of "make check/test"

Matt Bartley mbartley2 at cox.NOSPAM.net
Tue May 13 13:25:30 PDT 2003

In article <200305131407.41519.gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>,
 gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> Those were presumptious statements. The 'make check/tests' in chapter 6 are a
> lot more reliable. If, for example, the make check for Glibc in chapter 6
> fails, something is wrong, period.

I've always seen that bomb in math/test-ldouble and math/test-ildouble
in both chapter 5 and chapter 6.  I've heard this is typical of my uP
(AMD K6-3).  Ignore it, or is there a way to patch around it?  I hate to
skip over the entire make check when running scripts.

I also usually see (if I spot it going by) is this warning:

rt/tst-shm: failed to create a shared memory object: shm_opem: Function
not implemented
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org