CVS ch5: gettext make check bombs at lang-gawk

Matt Bartley mbartley2 at cox.NOSPAM.net
Tue May 13 15:27:50 PDT 2003

In article <200305131216.25261.gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>,
 gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> On May 13, 2003 12:03 pm, Matt Bartley wrote:

> > In case it matters, during the glibc build I defined only the locales
> > shown in the pure_lfs hint, and I've been using --disable-nls wherever
> > possible throughout the build process.

> Ok then try not to use --disable-nls and install all locales with Glibc and
> see if that fixes it.

> > I've had this error ever since I've been experimenting with pure-LFS.
> > What's going on?

> Maybe a matter of not enough locales.

I got past this problem with one change.  After a quick read through
gettext-0.11.5/tests/lang-gawk, I went back and recompiled gawk-3.1.2,
leaving out "--disable-nls" this time.  Then make check in gettext
worked fine.  No other changes.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org