Removal of removing fixincludes.

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue May 13 19:11:18 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:21:02PM -0400, Zack Winkles wrote:

> If there are no complaints, I'd love to include fixincludes in GCC Pass
> 2 when I send in my patch to add GCC 3.3 to the book. Everybody let me
> know what you think!

</sarcasm>
You gonna add to that patch a sure-fire way to backup and restore the
host's system headers in the event of catastrophe? If you did that, I
would agree whole heartedly. ;)
<sarcasm>

In all seriousness, though, if there is *absolutely* no other way to
make GCC-3.3 work on glibc < 2.3 then I would be more likely to use
gcc-3.2.x in chap5, then gcc-3.3 in chap6. This is a big pain, but
*MUCH* safer than cooking the host.

--
Archaic

--
All forms of government are pernicious, including good government.

- Edward Abbey

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org