Removal of removing fixincludes.

Tushar Teredesai tushart at abbnm.com
Wed May 14 08:05:03 PDT 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

>On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:12:03AM -0400, Zack Winkles wrote:
>

>>I don't really it see it that way. First be build binutils, which is
>>against the host (doesn't matter for this discussion), then we build GCC
>>with introduces our fixincludes stuff. We then build Glibc against that
>>Glibc. RIGHT after that we rebuild GCC, this time disabling fixincludes,
>>and that delets all of our fixedincludes. Now we have a nice clean
>>

>It does? As the gcc-pass2 simply overwrites the gcc-pass1, I would have
>thought the "fixed" headers will still be there in the same location and
>thus still playing a role.

It cleans and then writes the directory.

One possible solution: Install Gcc Pass 1 with fixincludes, and leave
the source around. Once the fixed headers are not required, apply the
fixincludes patch to the Makefile (the patch will need to be modified)
and run make install.

--
Tushar Teredesai
  E-mail:    tushartATabbnmDOTcom