Importance of "make check/test"

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed May 14 11:43:55 PDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
> > Zack Winkles said the following on 05/14/03 15:05:
> >
> >> I'm not trying to be narrow-minded, but I do dread a flood of support
> >> requests. It's bad enough already.
> >
> > It's not that bad if you discount the FAQ's; when these support
> > questions are frequently asked, they'll be added to the FAQ and me &
> > Tush can harrass some more people with it :)
>
> :-)
>
> > Btw I think the FAQ needs more exposure; preferably in the signature
> > of the mailinglists.

Hah! From what I've seen, it needs to be right after the headers, prior
to any text relating to the text in the subject! ... In CAPS... BOLD...
underlined, italics, surrounded by "arrows" with an audio attachment ...

> Along with a link to the search engine.

A "reverse link" might work. It doesn't wait for you to click, it
automatically takes you there.

Of course, this all affects everybody equally, so the folks who can
answer the questions stop reading the list, so people stop asking
questions, so the experienced slowly migrate back to the list, they
begin answering questions again, people start posting again, the FAQ
goes unread again...

And the cycle of life continues!

--
Bill Maltby