Importance of "make check/test"

Vidar Hoel vhoel99 at grm.hia.no
Wed May 14 13:30:06 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 06:51:46PM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Zack Winkles said the following on 05/14/03 15:05:
> >I'm not trying to be narrow-minded, but I do dread a flood of support
> >requests. It's bad enough already.
>
> It's not that bad if you discount the FAQ's; when these support
> questions are frequently asked, they'll be added to the FAQ and me &
> Tush can harrass some more people with it :)
> Btw I think the FAQ needs more exposure; preferably in the signature of
> the mailinglists.

My little idea: As I mention on a previous post, many people sees the
"tst-atime.out"-error when they do a "make check" in glibc. I think
there could be a little footnote or something on that glibc-page in
the book saying something like: "This commando does often result in an
error. Please consult the FAQ to see if this problem (with solution)
is allready known"

And I totally agree, the FAQ needs more exposure, I didn't think of it
until you mentioned it now.

Vidar Hoel - vhoel99 at grm.hia.no

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org