CVS LFS with devpts

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 14 21:42:07 PDT 2003

On May 14, 2003 10:31 pm, Brendan Taylor wrote:
> You may or may not know this, but if you're using devpts (and run
> MAKEDEV -v generic-nopty instead of the usual command), you have to
> mount it in the chroot.
>
> I was having troubles with make check on a lot of packages before I
> figured this out.

The issue is known yes, the text in the book will be updated to reflect this
properly.

By the way, I just ran my own build without devpts mounted to see what it
would look like and I must say it seems to be very obscure. I ran "make
check" through strace and it was easy to miss the "/dev/ptyp0 no such file or
directory" type errors.

Is there by any chance an easier way to come to the conclusion that devpts is
to be blamed?

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org