Ch5 binutils pass 2 make check error

Michael Villeza mvvilleza at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 23:44:44 PDT 2003

 --- Michael Villeza <mvvilleza at yahoo.com> wrote: >
Been trying out PLFS:
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/~greg/pure_lfs.txt
> and m already at Ch5 binutils pass 2. M running
> already "make check" and received error message.
> Attached is the log file, would appreciate any help.

I've noticed in the log file esp on UNRESOLVED TESTS
that it is looking for the c++ compiler and upon
reading further it is included in gcc package. I'm
wondering if the gcc-core package includes the c++
compiler, since this is the package the PLFS hint
require to download.
Another question is about the summary report, w/c of
the 4 reports do I need to take note of or is it safe
to ignore them?
# of expected passes		148
# of unexpected failures	2
# of expected failures		12