Ch5 binutils pass 2 make check error

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu May 15 00:09:02 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 07:44:44AM +0100, Michael Villeza wrote:
>  --- Michael Villeza <mvvilleza at yahoo.com> wrote: >
> Been trying out PLFS:
> > http://linuxfromscratch.org/~greg/pure_lfs.txt
> > and m already at Ch5 binutils pass 2. M running
> > already "make check" and received error message.
> > Attached is the log file, would appreciate any help.
>
> I've noticed in the log file esp on UNRESOLVED TESTS
> that it is looking for the c++ compiler and upon
> reading further it is included in gcc package. I'm
> wondering if the gcc-core package includes the c++
> compiler, since this is the package the PLFS hint
> require to download.

No, the hint does not mention gcc-core (unless I'm mistaken). But you're
right in that a missing c++ compiler will cause failures for binutils-pass2
tests. I'm sure the hint does cover this.

> Another question is about the summary report, w/c of
> the 4 reports do I need to take note of or is it safe
> to ignore them?
> # of expected passes		148
> # of unexpected failures	2
> # of expected failures		12
> # of unresolved testcases	3

In the binutils case, unexpected failures are the ones to worry about. So
you have nothing to worry about there.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org