Removal of removing fixincludes.

Ryan Oliver Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu May 15 09:35:42 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On May 14, 2003 08:00 am, Ryan Oliver wrote:
>
>>but then again we could use this method and just blit away the lot just
>>befor make install...
>

> You mean for gcc-pass2 something like this:
>
> make &&
> make -k check #maybe
> rm -r /stage1/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/include
> make install

I'm leaning more towards blowing the fixed includes away before gcc pass2

After pass1 there shouldn't be any directories in
/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/include

and all the fixed headers have
/*  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
as their first line (nice and easy to grep for )

Heres a quick fix I've come up with.
Don't know how easily this would fit into the book though...

<before pass2>

echo "Cleaning up the fixed includes"

# get the location of the fixed includes
fixincludedir=`/stage1/bin/gcc -v 2>&1 | grep specs | \
    sed -e 's at .* \(.*\)specs@\1include@'`

# Remove all fixed include files
flist=`find ${fixincludedir} -type f `
for file in ${flist}; do
    head -n 1 ${file} | grep "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE" &&
    {
       echo " o Removing ${file}"
       rm -f ${file}
    }
done

# remove all directories from the fixed include directory
dirlist=`find ${fixincludedir} -type d | sed "s@${fixincludedir}@@" `
for dir in ${dirlist}; do
    echo " o Removing ${fixincludedir}${dir}"
    rm -rf ${fixincludedir}${dir}
done

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org