Removal of removing fixincludes.

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu May 15 15:52:39 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 06:32:57PM -0400, Zack Winkles wrote:
> I really don't see how. Have you tested this? You might want to check
> out the method I used in my GCC 3.3 version of the book. Tell me what
> you think, and provide testing. Our opinions are contridacting each
> other. That probably means I'm wrong, but I'd still like to know for
> sure.

Imagine you are compiling gcc-pass2 against the latest glibc.

The host has an older glibc and some headers got fixed by gcc-pass1.

You are using gcc-pass1 to compile gcc-pass2.

Can you not see that having headers from the old glibc (that are now living
inside the gcc-pass1 private include dir and thus override everything) is a
potential problem?

stdio.h? pthead.h? bits/sigthread.h?

That is EXACTLY why we had to disable fixincludes in the 1st place (but back
then it was the Ch 6 gcc that broke).

It's crystal clear to me.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org