Removal of removing fixincludes.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 15 16:25:48 PDT 2003

On May 15, 2003 04:39 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> No. Gcc puts the "fixed" headers in with it's own headers. Blowing away
> that whole dir will destroy gcc. I found that out the hard way, way back
> when we first started looking for a solution to the fixincludes conundrum.

The commands said first rm gcc's private dir, then run 'make install'.

This way all the gcc-pass1 private headers are removed which include fixed
headers. gcc-pass2 had that fixinclude patch, so on make install no new fixed
headers are installed.

> > I'm leaning more towards blowing the fixed includes away before gcc pass2
> >
> > After pass1 there shouldn't be any directories in
> > /stage1/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/include
> >
> > and all the fixed headers have
> > /*  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
> > as their first line (nice and easy to grep for )
>
> Yep, great minds.. :-)

How's that different from removing all the include files before make install
on pass2? The files that matter will be installed again (ie: gcc's own
includes without the fixed ones). Or does 'make install' somehow need files
in gcc-lib/*/*/include ?

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org