Removal of removing fixincludes.

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu May 15 18:44:59 PDT 2003

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> It is not related to the gcc build system at all, after compiling the ch
> 5 glibc, just cd back to the gcc-build directory, patch gcc/Makefile it
> so that fixincludes is not run and then run make install. It will
> overwrite the previous gcc-Pass1 files (it is not compiling anything,
> just reinstalling).

Umm, could be off the mark here but doesn't gcc make the fixed includes and
put them into the gcc source tree then install all includes later?
Unless gcc cleans up its includes first before running fixincludes wouldn't
they be installed again regardless?

(my systems are off the air at the moment so I can't check this)
Smack me with a LART if this is just wasted bandwidth
Regards
[R]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org