ch6. coreutils-5.0-hostname.patch breaks make check (CVS 20030514)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 15 19:11:51 PDT 2003

On May 15, 2003 05:24 pm, Zack Winkles wrote:
> I agree. But it's not my book. Gerard?

Tushar said it, if you reinstall coreutils you'll loose net-tools' hostname
program.

I noticed this same problem earlier but when I run "make check-root" that
hostname related problem didn't seem to show up. I was in a bit of a hurry so
I am not confident my testing was sound, some re-testing is in order.

We can extend that hostname patch though, to fix the resulting make check
error.

An alternate solution would be patching after we run make check to prevent the
hostname program to be copied.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org