Preliminary GCC 3.3 LFS

Zack Winkles winkie at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 16 09:52:36 PDT 2003

Greg Schafer (gschafer at zip.com.au) wrote:
> I cannot see anything changed. What am I missing?

I suppose I'll just explain what I did then. The process I followed was
as such:

1. Install binutils-pass1 as normal.
2. Install gcc with fixinc. Nothing else changed.
3. Install glibc. No changes.
4. (Here's the meat) After installing glibc, I removed all the headers
   that gcc installed, then copied the stuff in
   /stage1/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/install-tools/include to where gcc keeps it's
   headers (the one's we just removed. This recreates the headers in
   their entirety as would be done with a non-fixinc gcc install. The
   only thing missing now is syslimits.h. That is located in the
   install-tools directory, which we copy to it's proper location.
5. Do the rest of the stuff.

It's pretty obvious that nothing of the host remains, but all of the gcc
headers are still present. It seems to do exactly what we want without
any vicious scripting.

What's the call Greg? What'd I overlook this time?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org