The CFLAGS should go

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Fri May 16 15:54:33 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:08:42PM +0200, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> Excuse me for waking up the old thread, i haven;t had time to read any
> but my personal mail for a good week, so weeding trough ~1000 mails on
> *lfs* maillists :)
>
> Why do we build these first 2 packages static still, in my tests there
> where no problems building dynamically. Maybe Greg or Ryan can shed some
> light why this is needed or used still?

I tried this when you last brought it up. The build of tcl failed for
reasons I couldn't figure out. I only investigated for 20 mins then gave up.

 - Start from a glibc-2.2.5 host
 - build in the hint/book order (not Ryan's scripts)
 - watch it fail

It feels cleaner (and more educational) to me to have them static. Lets
leave it.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org