Missing gcc conf option [was Re: Strange GCC failures in

Thomas Pegg lnxfreak123 at insightbb.com
Sat May 17 12:22:10 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 21:20, Greg Schafer wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 10:45:40AM +1000, Greg Schafer wrote:
> > On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 04:03:32PM -0500, Thomas Pegg wrote:
> > > Oh, well, I have an alternate download site.
> > > http://home.insightbb.com/~lnxfreak123/lfs/testlogs.tar.bz2
> > >
> > > Probably should have used this link in the first place instead of the
> > > other one. You should be able to get the file this time.
> >
> > Yep, got it.
> >
> > Wow, tons of errors there :-) Something is fundamentally broken. The error
> > is from expect "spawn failed". Expect does stuff with tty's. Random things
> > to think about off the top of my head:-
> >
> >  - devfs or normal /dev dir?
> >  - devpts mounted?
> >  - how capturing build output? Any redirection involved?
> >
> > I'll see if I can repro'.
>
> Actually, looking at those logs closer shows:-
>
> "The system has no more ptys.  Ask your system administrator to create
> more."
>
> That is definitely devpts related and is covered in the hint.
>
> Please try to get your devpts under control and give it another go and let
> us know if it works. Thanks.
>
> Greg

Well, I rebuild my kernel with devpts and mounted it and have rerun ch5
up to binutils pass2 tests and all tests pass as expected. But that
leads me to a question as to why I got the same results when having the
test tools on the host system and then now with tools not on the host
system but with them in ch5 and the devpts fs mounted, makes no sense.

Tom

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org