LFS4.0 - glibc 2.2.5 freezes at configure

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun May 18 08:42:31 PDT 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Honza Vlach wrote:

 Wrong list!  This list is for developing the book, you want to
subscribe to lfs-support.  Also, many people here won't CC you - "post
here, read here".

> ../glibc-2.2.5/linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure: file is too
> large

 Weird, even if your host system doesn't have "large file support", I
can't see why a configure file would hit what I assume is the 4Gb limit.
Oh, I think you said this was zipslack.   Are you trying to build on a
FAT (i.e. DOS-derived) filesystem ?

> configure:1738: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
> /static/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> configure:1891: assert.h: No such file or directory

 I think these two are down to missing components from glibc.
RPM-derived distros have packages like `glibc-development', I assume
slack offers something similar.

 Please reply to lfs-support.

Ken
--
Live Long or Prosper! No, wait, that wasn't it...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org