gcc-2.95.3, lfs-cvs, c++

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue May 20 10:11:52 PDT 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Edward Pinski wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> 	Since we are installing the c++ compiler in chapter 6 during
> the installation of 2.95.3, we should probably make it such that it will
> work correctly as done in BLFS, or just make it --enable-languages=c
> otherwise we will be installing a broken c++ compiler from 2.95.3 if
> somebody needs to compile a package with it.  Obviously the C compiler
> works fine, otherwise things would have been changed by now.  But
> anyway, if we're gonna enable it, we should more than likely create
> a working compiler, than a borked compiler which does not work.  I
> personally think we should just drop it, since it's not needed for
> lfs building.
>
> Edward Pinski

 --enable-languages=c,c++ only got back in about two weeks ago!  If
you only build c, -Wreturn-type is not recognised as a valid flag in c.
Yes, this is a bug in gcc's build, so feel free to submit a patch upstream.
Meanwhile, building without c++ breaks at least nvidia's scripts.

Ken
--
Live Long or Prosper! No, wait, that wasn't it...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org