The move to custom XML

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Wed May 21 13:05:54 PDT 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003 16:49:33 -0400 Timothy Bauscher
<timothy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:21:58PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > > <page>
> > >   <id>ch01-acknowledgements</id>
> > >   <title>Acknowledgements</title>
> > > </page>
> >
> > If an id is needed, yes I'd use a tag for it. Now what is <page>
> > supposed to mean? The XML source should not care about pages.
>
> It seemed to me that pages which build packages should be
> identified differently than those that contain only textual
> content.

That is something the style sheet has to worry about. Pages are a concept
that has no business in the source document. When (and if) the style sheet
produces output for paged media, it can determine if the current page
being output contains package building instructions or not and output
something different in both cases.

MSB

--
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org