Proposal for lfs-bootscripts

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kdzbn.homelinux.net
Wed May 21 14:51:15 PDT 2003

Michael Wu wrote:
> conathan at conet.dyndns.org wrote:
>>BTW, what other network services are there?
>
> How about wlan? (requires special config w/ iwconfig before ifconfig or
> dhcp)

It'd be nice for PPPoE too (at least for the version I have on my firewall
/ router machine -- it requires a pppd or an adsl-start after "ifconfig up
ethX", and a "killall pppd" or adsl-stop before "ifconfig down ethX").

There are probably other ways it'd be useful, too -- like with my iptables
script; it'd be helpful to be able to run that right after bringing the
interface up.

Bryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org