Proposal for lfs-bootscripts

conathan at conet.dyndns.org conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Wed May 21 21:29:57 PDT 2003

> Michael Wu wrote:
>> conathan at conet.dyndns.org wrote:
>>>BTW, what other network services are there?
>>
>> How about wlan? (requires special config w/ iwconfig before ifconfig or
>> dhcp)
>
> It'd be nice for PPPoE too (at least for the version I have on my firewall
> / router machine -- it requires a pppd or an adsl-start after "ifconfig up
> ethX", and a "killall pppd" or adsl-stop before "ifconfig down ethX").
>
> There are probably other ways it'd be useful, too -- like with my iptables
> script; it'd be helpful to be able to run that right after bringing the
> interface up.

take a look and see what you can do with it (::
[ftp://conet.dyndns.org/network.tar.bz2 (More of an example then a working
system (I never tested it))].

I dont know anything about iptables, so your guess is as good as mine
there.  [I guess you can copy the static script, and edit it slightly for
firewalling].
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org