configuration parameter/decision archive?

Wouter Van Hemel wouter at pair.com
Thu May 22 06:16:29 PDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Nicholas Leippe wrote:

> [...]
>
> I really think this would be very useful--a truly living document that can be
> kept up to the latest concerning all the little nits, problems, and
> work-arounds we find and deal with.
>
> If you want to see what I've done on my project, go to
> lfm.sourceforge.net/wiki/
>
> Of course, I require permissions for my own project pages, (you can edit the
> SandBox page all you want to try it out), but for LFS we should probably

Uhm... no: "You must sign in to edit pages in this wiki."

> consider leaving it open, or make it very easy to sign up.  (You can always
> revert changes, and there's also an option to allow user creation on the fly.)

sourcemage linux (www.sourcemage.org) has some kind of wiki. It's very
inviting towards people to help out with little things, AAMOF I have added
some things there when I was once curiously scanning over the contents,
while I haven't even used that distro ever.

It doesn't require a bigger commitment than making an account. It's much
more interesting than joining a project 'fulltime', for people who have
lots of other things to do.

And it enables many to do the boring work only a few would otherwise be
able to fulfill, such as converting to a new layout, tracking little
things like dependencies, or correcting small mistakes such as typos.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org