The move to custom XML

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 22 14:40:25 PDT 2003

On May 22, 2003 03:06 pm, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> Look at the partial outline of the book I posted. All the interesting
> stuff is there. It's just a matter of

I'll have a nother look later. I understand the basics but I need to know it
all thoroughly if I am to maintain a book in such a format myself.

> BUILD{sed}
>

> with a stylesheet rule like this
>
> template{ match "BUILD[...]"
>   variable{
>     name "filename"
>     select "concat($packagefilebase,normalize-space(.),'.xml')"
>   }
>   apply-templates{
>     mode "formatpackage"
>     select "document($filename)"
>   }
> }

What is $packagefilebase? Where it the value of that variable defined?

As I understand the above snipped:

select "document($filename)" opens the $filename file. The filename itself is
defined in BUILD{sed}. The concat statement takes that "sed" filename and
puts .xml behind it.

Can't this be shortened with select "document($filename.xml)" ?

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org