The move to custom XML

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri May 23 16:16:13 PDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 15:54:27 -0600 Gerard Beekmans
<gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On May 22, 2003 03:10 pm, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > While usually you don't put all the code into a single file, you DO
> > put related functions into the same file. Applied to the LFS book I
> > would say that splitting by chapters may have some merit but anything
> > with lower granularity does not.
>
> I would go one step further and split off the package installation pages
> too.

Reread my message with the book outline. I suggest exactly that. I suggest
to have information and text regarding the package sed in a file sed.xml
whose complete contents I describe in my message.
I'm only saying that all of the normal text such as the "Who would want to
read this book", "Who would not want to read this book",... should be in a
single file. But I'm repeating myself. Look at my message with my proposed
book outline. It describes exactly what I'd like the new XML source to
look like.

MSB

--
Modesty marks the wise.