lkml on sanitized headers - glibc breakage

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat May 24 16:34:21 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 12:14:55AM +0200, Voluspa wrote:

> An issue which affects all DIY-'distros' surfaced on lkml recently.
> I thought it proper to have a pointer in the lfs-dev archives as well:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105328939525202&w=2
>
> Starts as:
> 2003-05-18 Recent changes to sysctl.h breaks glibc linux-ker Martin Schlemmer
> Ends with:
> 2003-05-21 [65] Recent changes to sysctl.h breaks glibc linux-ker Eric W. Biede
>
> Exec summary:

Thanks for the nice summary.

Yes. I spotted this thread a few days ago and read it with interest and came
away concerned. I don't have anything to add as I haven't done any heavy
testing with 2.5.x yet. Haven't seen much on the libc lists either but that
is not surprising seeing as glibc development is heavily influenced by RH.

This issue looks like something we MUST keep a close eye on as 2.5.x/2.6
nears release.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org