Pure LFS / Next LFS Release

John Anthony Kazos Jr. jkazos at vt.edu
Mon May 26 18:15:30 PDT 2003

It just occurred to me that the Pure LFS hint uses a /stage1 directory, and
no /stage2. Would it work to install the pass-1 binutils and gcc in
/stage1, then install glibc, the pass-2 binutils and gcc, and the other
chapter 5 packages into /stage2, then chroot and install all the chapter 6
packages as / (stage 3)? I know it's been confirmed that the system is
binary-image-identical just the way it is, but installing over anything
just feels...icky. I would prefer to chmod the /stage1 directory to
read-only and have it all install into /stage2, and have the /stage2
directory read-only during chapter 6...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org