Pure LFS / Next LFS Release

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon May 26 18:31:25 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 09:15:30PM -0400, John Anthony Kazos Jr. wrote:
> It just occurred to me that the Pure LFS hint uses a /stage1 directory, and
> no /stage2. Would it work to install the pass-1 binutils and gcc in
> /stage1, then install glibc, the pass-2 binutils and gcc, and the other

It might work, but it unneccesarily complicates the build process IMHO.

"I've tested this" works much better on this list than "It just occurred to
me"...

> binary-image-identical just the way it is, but installing over anything
> just feels...icky. I would prefer to chmod the /stage1 directory to

What you prefer is not what I'd prefer. What we both prefer is probably not
what is best for the general LFS book :-)  In other words, please consider
the bigger picture when suggesting improvements for the book.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org