gawk chap. 6 instructions

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Tue May 27 07:34:42 PDT 2003

Just a small question...honest!  At the end of the gawk installation it
says that we can now remove /bin/awk.  On my system I don't have that
file/symlink whatever it's supposed to be.  Maybe this was just a
remnant of the changeover to PLFS, or maybe I goofed up somewhere I'm
not sure.  There is a symlink created from /stage1/bin/gawk to
/usr/bin/gawk at the start of chapter 6, is this what was intended to be
removed?

Cheers,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org