Pure LFS / Next LFS Release

Donald Smith dss-lfs at cfl.rr.com
Wed May 28 07:26:16 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On May 27, 2003 11:34 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>
>>Before everyone start discussing alternate names for /stage1, let Gerard
>>decide whether he is planning a name change :)
>

> Thank you ;) this discussion will never come to an end. When I get the chance
> I'll decide on a name and just rename it. It'll get dealt with before the
> LFS-5 release (it's not a priority _at all_ at the moment)

I personally don't care what it is - I can change it if it's ugly. For
the book you'd probably want something descriptive. It is the LFS
temporary (or intermediate) toolchain but most people don't want a long
file name like that. Just go with an acronym and be done with it. Oh,
and Ryan's suggestion of incorporating "lfs" in the name for
searchability is a good one.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org