Yet Another New Glibc/Binutils/GCC Failure

Zack Winkles winkie at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 28 18:58:44 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:55:00PM -0400, John Anthony Kazos Jr. (jkazos at vt.edu) wrote:

> >John Anthony Kazos Jr. (jkazos at vt.edu) wrote:
> ><snip snipity snip snip snip>
> >> Wtf is it trying to use /usr/include/anything? How do I get it to not?
> >
> >This is chapter 5, I assume. Did you skip the no_fixincludes patch when
> >you compiled the first pass of GCC? Seems like a likely culprit...
>
> I thought the whole reason you had a new form of Pass 1 GCC compilation
> instructions was because no-fixincludes made GCC not compile. And I thought
> that was why you had the instructions for manually removing the installed
> headers and recopying from GCC's pure ones. Did I mix up instructions or
> something?

No. As usual, I stated what I meant in a really crappy way. Sorry. I
mean did you make sure that you followed the instructions that I (used
to) have in my book.

Another thing you might want to look at is to make sure you have
/stage1/bin at the start of your path, and make sure `hash' returns
this:	bash: hash: hashing disabled

Sorry for not speaking clearly.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org