lkml on kernel headers and glibc (et al)

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed May 28 21:01:20 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:42:13PM -0600, Ken Dyke wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2003 20:55, Greg Schafer wrote:
> > Will it be such a big deal
> > if this also applies to the kernel headers? Probably not.

<some good points snipped>

> P.S.  Zack, thank you for making your headers package available.  I'll ask for
> a URL if I can't find them when I eventually go looking for them.

Just to clarify, "Zack's package" is an exact copy from the rh srpm. Some
folk have had trouble finding it. The one I downloaded was called
"glibc-kernheaders-2.4-8.13.src.rpm" and was in the rawhide SRPM dir.

I've already had the discssion with Ryan about his suggestion of an "LFS
Kernel Headers" package. I believe this is something we definitely do NOT
want.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org