lkml on kernel headers and glibc (et al)

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed May 28 21:13:31 PDT 2003

> I've already had the discssion with Ryan about his suggestion of an "LFS
> Kernel Headers" package. I believe this is something we definitely do NOT
> want.

Soooo much work, and someone would have to constantly sit on top of them to
keep them maintained.

My view is for standard builds ( ie non devel kernels and standard stable
 release packages ) the RH headers are perfectly fine.

However if you are sitting on the cutting-bleeding edge it'd be nice to
have
"sanitized" headers from the linux kernel you are compiling, depending on
what
new stuff you are playing with you might find the hooks reqd aren't exposed
with RH's 2.4 based headers...

The time involvement creating them, then maintaining them would be
non-trivial
[R]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org