lkml on kernel headers and glibc (et al)

Zack Winkles winkie at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 28 21:48:17 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 02:01:20PM +1000, Greg Schafer (gschafer at zip.com.au) wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:42:13PM -0600, Ken Dyke wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 May 2003 20:55, Greg Schafer wrote:
> > > Will it be such a big deal
> > > if this also applies to the kernel headers? Probably not.
>
> <some good points snipped>
>
> > P.S.  Zack, thank you for making your headers package available.  I'll ask for
> > a URL if I can't find them when I eventually go looking for them.
>
> Just to clarify, "Zack's package" is an exact copy from the rh srpm. Some
> folk have had trouble finding it. The one I downloaded was called
> "glibc-kernheaders-2.4-8.13.src.rpm" and was in the rawhide SRPM dir.

Also just to clarify, I never said it was mine. I stated that it was
RedHat's. I didn't mean to cause even a minute controversy about that.

> I've already had the discssion with Ryan about his suggestion of an "LFS
> Kernel Headers" package. I believe this is something we definitely do NOT
> want.

Agreed. I still stick with the headers for the kernel I'm running. I
only use the headers package for times when a package just plain WILL
NOT compile against my 2.5 headers with no amount of hacking. It's
pretty inconvenient to have to download another kernel just to get it's
headers.......

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org