Question about tags in LFS book

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 29 13:25:22 PDT 2003

On May 29, 2003 12:58 pm, Xinkui Hao wrote:
> I've been following the list for a while, and noticed the discussion of
> tags change or change the whole book into customed xml. My question
> is, whether these changes will happen in the next month? If not, then I
> could continue Chinese translation to catch up with the current CVS.

I think we will end up "forking" the book so we can work on the XML without a
deadline. Development will still continue in CVS and when the XML changes are
all done, we'll just port over the main CVS' text to the new XML format. Any
other way would result in book update downtime. We've had enough of that in
the last months, so not again.

Having that said, I don't know how long it will take to make those changes.
First I need to re-familiarize myself with XSLT, then start thinking about
new tags, structure, and the processing scripts themselves to turn XML into a
more usable format (HTML for example).

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org